Vision and Mission Statement
To be an institution of excellence in the field of podiatric medical education.
It is the College's mission to provide, to students seeking careers as doctors of podiatric medicine, a comprehensive medical educational program specializing in the medical and surgical management of the lower extremity, with the ability to diagnose systemic diseases and their lower extremity manifestations. The College will prepare students for eligibility for Graduate Medical Education, licensure and practice. Furthermore, it is the College's mission to promote state-of-the art patient care in affiliated facilities, and to pursue research to continuously advance the art and science of podiatric medicine.
The College accomplishes this mission by striving to achieve the following goals:
- Provide a quality educational environment based upon a comprehensive pre-clinical and clinical science curriculum.
- Provide skilled and qualified faculty to deliver the educational program.
- Recruit, accept, enroll and retain highly qualified students.
- Provide student services that support the podiatric medical educational program.
- Develop quality graduate medical education leading to eligibility for Board Certification.
- Provide quality continuing medical education programs.
- Maintain existing and develop new affiliations with academic institutions, hospitals, extension/satellite clinics and/or community health centers to enhance the education of our students.
- Support pre-clinical, clinical and educational research.
- Serve as a global resource to provide information and education on podiatric medicine.
- Adapt the College to the ever-changing educational and health care environments to promote its educational quality and financial stability.